Access Keys:

Scoil Naomh Molaise, Grange, Co. Sligo

Munninane Church


St Kevin's Chapel of Ease, Munninane 

By Esther McDonnell and Faye McDonnell



St Kevins church is located in the parish of Lissadell.  It was built by the Gore-Booth family of Lissadell House as a chapel of ease in 1895. It was consecrated in 1896 A chapel of ease is a church building other than the main parish church, built within the parish for people to attend as they cannot easily get to the main church.    It is known locally as Munninane church.  The rector of the church is Archdeacon Isaac Hanna.  In 1995 the church was re-decorated and this included a new stain glass window.  Our favourite part of this window is the dove. 


Our mum and dad’s wedding was the first wedding in the church and the church was 100 years old the same year.  The church is used every week and our family  go every Sunday. Service is every Sunday at 9:30-10:30. 


Munninane church by Alanna Barber

  1. It was built in 1896
  2. It can seat around 100 people
  3. It is called Saint Kevin’s chapel of ease
  4. It was built by the Gore Booth family
  5. There are 3 stained glass windows
  6. Arch deacon Linton was the priest for seven years but the church is now vacant at the time of writing
  7. It was renovated in 1996 for its hundredth birthday
  8. It is in the Drumcliff parish
  9. It is a Protestant church
  10. Service takes place at 9.30 every Sunday morning