Access Keys:

Scoil Naomh Molaise, Grange, Co. Sligo

Grange Temperance Hall

Grange Temperence Hall  Researched by Anna Siberry( with help from Tom Haran)   Grange Temperence Hall was built over 100 years ago. It was called after the Temperence movement. In the 1930 s there was a back room which served as a Reading Room.   The Hall was reconstructed in the late 1930s due to a fire.

 The kitchen was built in Fr. Feeneys time.

 Several masses were held in the Hall while renovations took place in the church.

There was a recess built in the gable of the Hall to put a statue of Fr. Matthew , founder of theTemperence  movement in it

There  was an Annual Ball held for a few years in it.

The industrial section of the Grange Agricultural Show was in it for a few  years.

Brendan Grace preformed in the Hall.

The Temperence  Hall is well known for social activates  for all the community ,e.g. Rainbow Rhythm,dancing,meetings,plays and pantos.

Last changed: Jan 12 2016 at 4:39 PM